Bold Colour tips
How To Apply Tints Of Nature Bold Colours...
Tints of Nature Bold Colours are for light, bright, natural blonde or lightened blonde hair.
Please note this product DOES NOT contain peroxide therefore it will NOT lift your hair to a lighter shade. To lighten your hair shop for our Lightener range, suitable for medium brown to blonde hair.
Please ensure you have carried out a skin sensitivity test 48 hours before you colour your hair.
1. Shampoo your hair using our Tints of Nature Charcoal Clarify Shampoo (included with Bold Colours) and rinse thoroughly to remove any product or colour build up on your hair.
Top Tip: For the brightest, boldest results, after shampooing apply Tints of Nature Hydrate Treatment and leave for 15 mins, rinse and then proceed to Step 2.
2. Gently comb through your hair until it is tangle free.
3. Put on plastic gloves.
4. Apply colour.
5. Cover with cap and wait 30 minutes or 40 minutes to achieve maximum brightness.
6. Remove cap.
7. Wear gloves and rinse hair thoroughly with cool water (cooler water helps to retain bright colours).
8. Dry and style as usual.
How To Mix Your Perfect Pastel Shade...
To achieve maximum results from your colour application treat your hair to a pre-color treament, with Tints of Nature Hydrate Treatment or Structure Treatment …and always remember to carry out your skin sensitivity and strand test!
1. Purchase your desired shade of Bold Colour and Bold Pasteliser.
2. In a mixing bowl mix a ratio of 1:1 of your Bold Colour with Bold Pasteliser.
3. Follow steps 2-8 for application of Bold Colours shown above.
Top Tip: For the brightest, boldest results, after shampooing apply Tints of Nature Hydrate Treatment and leave for 15 mins, rinse and then proceed to Step 3.
Caring For Your Colour...
1. The healthier your hair is, the better your colour will look and the longer it will hold. Unfortunately lightening your hair can compromise its condition to the point it cannot hold colour for very long so you’ll want it in tip-top condition before you apply your colour. If your hair is feeling in need of some TLC, try our treatment range for a protein or moisture boost before you apply your colour.
2. Use cool water for rinsing your hair to make it last longer. Warmer water will help your colour wash out quicker. It doesn’t have to be ice cold, but the cooler the better!
3. Protect your hair from heat, avoid heat styling where possible and always use a heat protectant as heat is a prime culprit for fading beautiful colour.
4. If you’re heading to the pool, try our Seal and Shine Leave In Conditioner before you swim to give your colour a little protection from chlorine.
5. Protect your hair in the sun too! Just like fabric, UV rays can fade your hair colour, our Seal and Shine Leave In Conditioner is perfect for a little sun protection.
6. Avoid sulphates in your hair products, these further strip colour. Our hair care range is completely sulphate-free so it’s perfect for looking after your colour.
Other Bold Top Tips!
To achieve maximum results from your colour application treat your hair to a pre-color treatment, with Tints of Nature Hydrate Treatment or Structure Treatment …and always remember to carry out your skin sensitivity and strand test!
1. To avoid unsightly stains, try using petroleum jelly or a barrier cream around your hairline to protect your skin.
2. If you get some on your hands, don’t panic! Give them a wash with a little warm water and toothpaste to remove any staining.
3. Use an old or dark coloured towel when you dry your hair to avoid any mishaps.Back to News